Getting More Mental Stimulation
Mental stimulation has multiple benefits.
- The more we use our brain for a wide variety of tasks which stretch it, the more likely we are to hold on to better brain-functioning, even in old age.
- Mental stimulation is a good antidote to boredom.
- The more you use your brain, the more likely you are to enhance brain functioning, to enhance your chances of success, achievement and progress.
Here are some ideas about how to stimulate your brain.
- Get enough exercise
- Get enough sleep
- Read books, work puzzles, play games
- Memorize things like phone numbers of your family and friends, birthdays
- Eat a healthy diet
- Listen to music, learn a new language
- Teach or take a class
- There are some very good brain game websites and apps that have fees.